The biography of Walter Isaacson, the Apple co-founder Steve Jobs is catnip for fans of Apple, selling 379 000 copies in its first week. Even sales i comparison to iPhone 4s is not combarable( 4,000,000 telephones were sold in the first weekend), the sale of books was enough to leave the best-selling fiction author in the literary dust.
According to Nielsen BookScan , which follows the retail and electronic sales of ebooks, Jobs’ biography has sold three times as many copies as former U.S. President George W. Bush ‘s, which has attracted 430 000 copies.
Isaacson has made the rounds of television programs, promoting the 656 page book that looks into Jobs’ personal life and career.
Online, the Kindle e-reader, hardcover print and audio versions are ranked No. 1-3 on Amazon.
The only missing element in the marketing campaign is the use in his jeans and black turtleneck iconic surveying a scene, talking about “just one more thing.”
- Steve Jobs Biography Now Available in the U.S. iBookstore
- Steve Jobs Bio on Track to Become the Best-Selling Book of 2011 on Amazon
- Authorized Steve Jobs Biography Given More Elegant Title
- Steve Jobs’ Authorized Biography Is Available for Pre-order
- Steve Jobs Authorized Biography Scheduled for 2012 Release